Friday, February 10, 2012

more from San Diego

Here are a few more photos from San Diego. This is honestly the way the Anna's hummingbird looks when the sun catches it just right. Imagine what it must look like to the birds who can see in the ultraviolet range!This stopped me in my tracks!
Here we have a Yellowrumped Warbler, finding bugs in the flowering trees.
Seems like the male hummers were scoping out their territories from the treetops.
The next few shots are a series I took out the hotel window. This is a house finch, I have never seen an orange one! He was looking around for a companion.
So I think he decided to start working on a nest.
Sure enough, a female showed up.
He quickly dropped the sticks, found some food and he very sweetly fed it to her! It must have worked because then they flew off together!
This osprey must look terrifying to the ducks on the marsh.
Back along the street near the hotel, I saw many Orange Crowned Warblers.
They looked great in the flowers!
But they don't hold still very long! Yahoo, a Townsend's Warbler!

This little guy is a Nuttail's Woodpecker.
And this is not a great photo but it is a Cassin's Kingbird.
I loved my daily morning walks along this beach. The surf was really pounding... not a good sign to see a kayak wash up empty!
Some brave and cold souls were having fun surfing.
Back to the street by the hotel, where the Black Throated Gray Warbler made an appearance for me.
I sure enjoyed all the beautiful sights.

1 comment: