Friday, July 27, 2012

A few yard birds this evening

I haven't been birding in this hot weather, so I stepped into the backyard with the camera and found this White Wing Dove, one of a gang that keeps emptying my feeders as fast as I fill them up.  Hey, easy on the eyeliner!
 Well, ok, I guess since they are feeding their young....
 I have several cardinals around.  I love to watch the males as they are such devoted caregivers to their families.  They are the first ones up in the morning and the last ones at dusk.  Here he has a tasty mealy worm...
 ...which he fed to this youngster.

 Isn't the juvenile a cutie?
 Typical teen, hungry already.  Love the hairdo.
 I have been seeing Mississippi Kite flyovers recently, yesterday 4 were circling overhead.
 Wow, all this in 5 minutes?  I need to get out with the camera more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment