Friday, September 21, 2012

Photos from Oklahoma and more

This was my first American Goldfinch in Mom's Illinois yard.
 Off to Oklahoma, where I enjoyed watching the birds and butterflies from Mom's pink room.  I think this is a variation of Spicebush Swallowtail.
 This is the beautiful Gulf Fritillary.
 The Zinnia is beautiful too!



 Nice to see the Catbird in the yard!
 Red breasted nuthatches are here early this fall.

A two bluebird day is a good day.

 Amazing that they can survive in drought.

 Budget cuts must have hit Oklahoma parks as they are making deer feeders from old paint buckets.
 I love hearing the White Breasted Nuthatches, they were happy to find seeds at our feeders.
 I could hear a couple Eastern Phoebe's in the woods near the house...
 ...and a Tufted Titmouse.
 Today I noticed this Red Shouldered Hawk watching my feeder!  Hope he goes for a rat and not a dove!

No comments:

Post a Comment