Wednesday, November 18, 2009

wonderful birding this evening!








Wow, I haven't been riding the bike for a few days because it was so windy... look what the wind blew in!! First this cutie was singing away so I had to take his picture, I love the Carolina chickadees !



Then, riding in Independence Park, just after I crossed the bridge I thought I heard a Pileated Woodpecker, so I scanned the area with my binoculars, and was SHOCKED to see this beautiful red-shouldered hawk sitting there! Wow!


Wow, this is amazing! This is a male, because of the red stripe that extends from the beak. Look at the size of the hole he is making! This was one tree over from where the red-shouldered hawk was !




Anyone care to spend the night balancing on one leg up on the power line? I was stunned to see these white ibis' up there!

I liked this picture because it shows the size difference between a great and snowy egret!

Wow, all this in one hour! Thank You, Lord!

1 comment: