Thursday, March 22, 2012

Migration is on!

The wind blew me down to Galveston today, and at first the woods seemed kind of quiet. Makes you appreciate the beauty of the common birds, like this spectacular cardinal!
This is the one and only white eyed vireo - eyeing me!
I was admiring this Louisiana Waterthrush, striking with the pink legs and feet!
His little tail was bobbing so cute.
I enjoyed watching him for a good long time.
So I decided to focus my camera on the log and see if anything else came out.
Yes, the Hooded Warbler came out!
This is such a great bird, the woods were suddenly full of singing male Hooded Warblers!

I just loved this!
Up in the tree tops the Yellowrumps were not holding still very long.


It is like a wonderland in the woods with the beautiful birds and songs.


The Harris Sparrows were still around too.



What a great afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice! We're probably going to have a poor migration season in terms of viewing because it's been so warm the leaves are coming out and we're still a month and a half away from warblers!

    ReplyDelete