Tuesday, March 23, 2010

more spring birds in Galveston

I went down to Galveston today with my friend Cynthia... first we stopped off in League City and found this odd couple. (white tailed hawks - the black one is the immature youngster)
WOW - up on the high voltage towers were several Monk Parakeet nests.






They were busy flying into neighborhoods, grabbing branches and bringing them back to the nests. I should have brought these into my yard after Hurricane Ike to help with the cleanup :)





Quite a surprising sight here in League City nevertheless. . . but now on to Galveston!
What a beauty, a Black-throated Green Warbler!!!








I cannot describe how excited I was to see this stunningly beautiful HOODED WARBLER deeper in the woods!!!
















Another Black-throated Green!






And a lovely northern Parula!









The Yellow-throated Warbler is an absolutely gorgeous bird!












I liked this tree because it looks like a menorah!












Last bird of the day, a white Ibis.



It is so refreshing to stroll through the woods and enjoy God's creation!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Angela! Yes, nature is good for the soul and is definitely a gift from God.

    ReplyDelete