Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Young barn swallows and cardinal


I was a little worried about the barn swallow babies - since there nest was just across the street from the launching place of the city fireworks display, but they looked to be just fine. Hope they do not have hearing loss!!
I am pleased to report I noticed the male Cardinal bringing food to this juvenile one on the ground outside my bathroom window this morning (sorry it was through a screen, but it was only there a few seconds). I watched as the proud papa was showing the little one how to find food on the ground! I never realized what devoted parents the Cardinals are!

After a very short time on the ground, he flew up into the brush. I noticed the mama cardinal was building a new nest in my yucca tree... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment