Saturday, May 1, 2010

more Galveston birding

Before I enter the rest of my Rockport photos, here are some from the past week in Galveston. Starting off with a Veery.
I learned that Painted Buntings, like humans, like to rinse off the salt water.. so here are a few fun pictures of its bath.




This is what you might call a splash of color!

















There were lots of Rose-breasted Grosbeaks.




This cutie is a Worm-Eating Warbler.








I think this is the Least Flycatcher.










This must be a Swainsons Thrush with the bright eyering.






This one is slightly more reddish, a Gray-Cheeked Thrush.















Ok, what is this?











I heard the lovely Wood Thrush song!













This is the Yellow-Breasted Chat.









Maybe my best bird of the day, the Magnolia Warbler.
















This Chestnut-Sided Warbler also hopped in the pond.














The female Painted Buntings are mostly green.
















One more look at the male Painted Bunting. Amazingly beautiful!! What an awesome Creator we have!













No comments:

Post a Comment